Wednesday, November 11, 2009

Get Eye Committed!

You have only one pair of Eyes,
show them some love!

eye heart pupil image
November is Diabetic Eye Disease Awareness Month and I've teamed up with the American Academy of Ophthalmology to help spread awareness
about diabetic eye disease. Diabetes is a leading cause of vision loss among
Americans, and committing to getting a dilated eye exam annually is an important step in preserving your sight.

As part of this campaign, I am sharing an "EyeCommitted" widget (Please see in my right side bar, top) this month, designed to help raise awareness about diabetic eye disease and encourage Americans to commit to an annual eye exam, which can help prevent loss of vision.
golden eyesWith this widget, you can pledge your commitment to getting an eye exam and also enter your email to help commit and share with friends and family. There is no cost involved. You can also read important facts about eye disease and find the closest Eye M.D. by zip code. Check it out for yourself. It is completely safe to use.

More than 24 million people in the United States have diabetes and less than half are not getting a recommended dilated eye exam. People with diabetes are 25 times more likely to become blind than people without diabetes. However, 90 percent of severe vision loss from diabetes can be avoided by visiting your ophthalmologist annually and by controlling your diabetes. Even if you do not have active diabetes and have a family history of this disease, please show your eyes some love and get a vision and dilation exam. Remember, you owe it to yourself! You owe it to your Eyes, they are the only pair you have!

I hope you will join me in this important initiative to raise awareness about
diabetic eye disease. Please feel free to share this blog site and /or by using the share info on the widget itself with your friends, family and loved ones. Show love to your families, your friends and your Eyes.
Even if you have healthy eyes, use this as a reminder for a check-up!!

small face eyes blink gif
Please check out the EyeCommitted widget in my sidebar now!

I thank you and your eyes will thank you !

Faythe

14 comments:

  1. What a great cause! I will bookmark your page so I can come back tomorrow when I have fast internet to play with the widget!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Thank you for sharing this information with us. I'll see if there is a place I can fit the widget on my site too.

    Those are some scary stats!

    ReplyDelete
  3. I tried to sign up with my e-mail on the widget, but it wont let my type in the email box!

    I wonder why?

    ReplyDelete
  4. Your widget isn't working? I tried to enter my e-mail and couldn't.

    ReplyDelete
  5. wow, I wasn't aware of the connection between diabetes and eye health. Thanks for sharing such an informative article!

    ReplyDelete
  6. Thank you to everyone so far!

    I have been alerted that there is something wrong with the widget not allowing any email addresses right now. I have contacted the person in charge, and until I hear in return, there is nothing else I can do.
    You still should be able to click & read all the info available on the widget ... I will alert anyone interested when it is working properly.
    Thank you so much for visiting & commenting here at GrammyMouse Tails...
    I hope you will not let this small mishap stop you from coming again.
    I really enjoy your visits!

    Faythe

    ReplyDelete
  7. I also tried to no avail.

    ReplyDelete
  8. So true! Thanks for the reminder!
    Kasandria

    ReplyDelete
  9. Thanks for the info! Must make my annual eye appointment - seems I need to go 2x a year though at my age!

    ReplyDelete
  10. Just signed up to be eye committed!

    ReplyDelete
  11. What awesome info! My grandfather was a diabetic and I know he had issues with his eyes at time so I can definitely vouch for what a great cause this TRULY IS!

    ReplyDelete
  12. hits close to home! my dad si a type 1 diabetic and and has grown up knowing he has to take care of his eyes. among other things!

    he even had to have a major surgery after one of his dialations.

    thanks for sharing!!

    ReplyDelete
  13. Great info! Thank you so much for sharing! :)

    ReplyDelete
  14. Hey everyone!

    thanks again for visiting & reading!
    The Eye Committed widget is now working!
    Yea!
    So go right ahead & click on it & learn lots of facts & more!

    thanks & come again to GMT!!

    Faythe

    ReplyDelete

Thank you for stopping and reading today.
Comments are always welcome :)