Tuesday, June 08, 2010

What do you Colum-bine...

in your garden?
Quiet, time, family or fun?

Welcome back Wednesday Wizards!
Ugh, what a terrible "pun" to start out this weeks quest...
A reminder of last weeks clue...


Hummm, I see a hint of color showing... it is about 8 to 10 inches taller than last weeks clue photo in about 9 days, tho you can't tell from the photo. I am only showing her head!

The answer is Columbine
Here below is that lovely dark purple head opening for you and I to enjoy!


I was experimenting with angles again this view (below) is with the late afternoon sun peeking over her shoulder.  
This plant is in dappled to heavy shade.



I do have several colors around the yard. 
I mentioned before we planted wild flower seeds in different parts of the yard. The last couple years they have dwindled so I have been harvesting seeds again to dry and sow again where we like them and they seem to grow best.
I have been searching the yard for the few double-bloomed (headed? help me out gardeners whats the right term?? I have soggy brain this week from all the rain that is still coming down) plants we had but no luck the last 2 years.


Here is a delicate pink columbine that is way across the yard and gets late day sunshine.


Did I mention how rainy it has been??? Oh, many windy days as well.
This is the same pretty pink with a few of her fellow flowers enjoying the day.


So you are enjoying these pretty blooms from mid-May. A good thing I was out that day digging and a bit of weeding to capture them. It was just before the rain, rain, rain... did I mention rain??? I haven't been out since!

We had some great guesses last week and 3 Wizards that knew the correct answer!
I hope you are enjoying my little game around the yard. I appreciate everyone's nice comments, but it really is a jungle here! I do tend to like the natural look since we live deep in the country sticks, and it is harder for me to keep manicured... but my {BFF} has the "park" next door, and I may have to start sharing scenes from her place for more variety ( and beauty, they are so talented and dedicated to taking care of their slice of Heaven, and it sure feels and looks like Heaven too!)


Now back to the Wizards!!!

In no particular order...
Once again have Linda from the Crafty Gardener!
(I do not think I will be able to stump her again!! LOL)
Virginia from Lady V dZine
and  Henrietta from A Hen's Nest 

A big round of applause to this wise trio!! Visit their beautiful blogs, just click on their blog name, and enjoy their worlds!
Attention Wizards!! If you look to your left in my sidebar I have made a special badge I thought might be a fun reward for playing along. I Have to figure out how to add the grab code and will work on it soon. If you send me you email addys I can send it to you if it is not already posted by the time you visit. I hope you display it proudly! (for your knowledge and humor, to visit me each week it takes a bit)
I think she sort of reminds me of myself!
 A bit crooked and puzzled!


I do have a hint to leave you with for pondering, commenting and just a reason to give your head a good scratch until next weeks Wordless/word-full/or Watery Wednesday...




Hopefully by next Wednesday I will be a bit dried out. But not eaten alive by the huge mosquitoes I am sure are actively awaiting a nice steamy sunny day to hatch just so they can snack on me with bloody delight! (Help!!)
Mr. Linky is below for those who like to link up for visits. Please feel free to leave a comment, question or giggle. I do my best to return all comments in kind.






I shall wait as always
with dirty,
well muddy this week, hands...





26 comments:

  1. So wish I had a green thumb. Happy WW!

    ReplyDelete
  2. The columbine are beautiful I LOVE your garden so many beautiful blooms parading all season long. I think I may know what these last ones are, if not edible (below the surface), than something similar only much more voluminous, considering the time of year hmmm trying to remember a name may something or other which begins with A. Can't wait to find out.

    ReplyDelete
  3. Love the twist on WW!! Beautiful garden too! Drop by & link up! Happy WW!

    ReplyDelete
  4. Your Columbine puts my lonely one to shame! They are gorgeous! I love the natural look in my garden as well and love to see where things will pop up. I def know what this week's is because I have 2 big beautiful clumps of CHIVES in my garden for snipping too! Love them in soups and on potatoes! Very cute badge! I'll grab it this week sometime, if you need help with your grab code let me know!

    ReplyDelete
  5. I love Columbine too. One of my fave perennials and so eay to grow. Love that it doesn't need a lot of water.

    ReplyDelete
  6. Hmmm. Are those shallots? I need to get out a gardening book. :)

    ReplyDelete
  7. Your garden is very beautiful. And now we have to beware of the pesky bugs that go along with it.

    ReplyDelete
  8. That is quite some loveliness!

    ReplyDelete
  9. Gorgeous shots! Don't you love this time of year?!

    ReplyDelete
  10. Blogger has been tempremental and was not allowing me to post comments. I know I was not the only one.
    Last week it rained the eyes off my duck, last night the wind and rain blew the feathers off a pigeon! (This time a real pigeon.)
    Is this the Lion phase of spring?

    ReplyDelete
  11. Beautiful garden! Happy WW!

    ReplyDelete
  12. Oh how pretty! We have some lilies along our fence, but that's about it. I'm a horrible flower gardener, everything gets overtaken by weeds!

    ReplyDelete
  13. The columbine has been one of my favorite flowers since I first saw it growing wild in Colorado.

    ReplyDelete
  14. You're right, I should have known it was Columbine, lol. :)

    ReplyDelete
  15. Your garden is like a fairyland ... just beautiful!

    ReplyDelete
  16. I'm so jealous....those are beautiful I have always wanted to have a gorgeous flower garden! Happy WW!

    ReplyDelete
  17. I never knew that was called a Columbine, but then there are lots of things I don't know about flowers :)

    ReplyDelete
  18. those are so very pretty. Thank you so much for your comment the other day. I really needed that. =)

    ReplyDelete
  19. Pretty flowers. Would love to see your BFF's "park," but the "created by God" look is quite lovely, too.
    Happy WW!!

    ReplyDelete
  20. I always love your flower shots! The one with the sun shining from above was just great! Thanks for stopping by and happy W!

    ReplyDelete
  21. Thanks so much for giving me a Wizard badge. I may lose it with this guess, though. For this week, I am going to guess bearded iris. But I am certain that it is wrong, cause I think they are done blooming everywhere. Anywho, maybe I will have better luck next week.
    Virginia
    http://ladyvdzine.com

    ReplyDelete
  22. Seriously Faythe Can I pack you up and move you here just to garden for me? I have a big ole black thumb. Such beautiful columbine.

    ReplyDelete
  23. I love columbines. Beautiful pictures!

    ReplyDelete
  24. Hi!
    Catching up on your blog tonite -- I'm crazy for columbines. And, since they grow wild out here, in addition to the many hybridized varieties, my gardens are filled with them. :D

    ReplyDelete
  25. I love your flowers! Can I just come over and spend a day taking photos? Love it!
    Thanks for stopping by and linking up the other day. I'm playing catch up this weekend. Have a good one!

    Kristi, Live and Love...Out Loud
    @TweetingMama

    ReplyDelete
  26. Dare I guess again???
    Those are chives, with some buds about to pop open.

    ReplyDelete

Thank you for stopping and reading today.
Comments are always welcome :)