Thursday, July 08, 2010

Criminal Minds cast host fund-raising film event for one of their own



Cancer Awareness... Cancer is Not a friend!

A good Blog friend of mine Lee Allport of My Sentiment ExactLee is friends with Andy Swan, one of the crew members on the set of Criminal Minds, starring Joe Mantegna, Thomas Gibson, Shemar Moore, Pagent Brewster, and many others.
Andy, a non-smoker, was diagnosed with Stage IV Non Small Cell Lung Cancer in February of this year. Andy has been very sick and unable to work. It’s been a long journey and he wound up at Dana Farber Hospital in Boston, MA. He is currently receiving drug treatment with Tarceva and is beginning to show improvement day by day.


Andy’s friends from Criminal Minds and Area 9 Productions are hosting a charity benefit for The Lung Cancer Foundation Of America in Andy’s name on July 24, 2010 at 6PM. Tickets are on sale now at aoffest.com and seats are limited. Tickets are $20 and include the film Swan…One Man’s Journey, the story of Andy Swan and an after party. I hope you all join me in purchasing your tickets now as undoubtedly these tickets will sell out.

Besides the film there will be generous door prizes awarded to lucky ticket holders for purchasing a ticket and viewing the film to help get out information about lung cancer and support.
 Here is a list of the prizes including :

One Lucky audience member will win a day on the set of Criminal Minds

One Lucky audience member will win $1000 scholarship to Video Symphony

One Lucky audience member will win a 7 night stay in an Orlando, FL Vacation Home via Global Resort Homes  *airfare not included



*celebrity appearances subject to change

 
 I was not paid to promote this event. I shared this information for the benefit of my readers and to further the awareness of cancer in all forms. I also wanted to help bring attention to this cause through my friend Lee. For more information regarding this event contact Lee at  mysentimentexactlee@gmail.com.

6 comments:

  1. It's funny I should pop over with your post about Cancer. My mother had breast cancer in 1961. They removed her breast & survived until she was 86 yrs. young. My father died of lung cancer in 1980 after having it twice. My uncle had cancer in this throat & I can go on. Cancer is one mean mutha, but I can say I truly believe the end is near don't you think so too?

    ReplyDelete
  2. Cancer is definitely mean! I think there are cures or at least aggressive treatments out there. hopefully (I pray) that we beat this devil soon, as it has taken too many lives and loved ones.

    ReplyDelete
  3. I watch the show often.
    Nice to hear about people coming together to help, not only Andy but many many others.
    Whatever it takes to get a larger number of people involved and aware.
    Also glad to hear Andy is showing improvement. It is a long haul and an uncomfortable journey.

    Makes me appreciate that my life has only small aches and pains.

    ReplyDelete
  4. My spouse is cancer free now thanks to the Mayo Clinic and her positive attitude.

    ReplyDelete
  5. I think it is awesome that they are helping like that!

    ReplyDelete
  6. What a great way to help! Thanks for sharing this information!

    ((HUGS))

    ReplyDelete

Thank you for stopping and reading today.
Comments are always welcome :)