Tuesday, November 23, 2010

Thankful ...

thanksgiving-food



 Thanksgiving is the established time for focusing on the good in our lives.
In each of our days, we can find small blessings, but we are often in to much of a hurry to notice. We may be having hard times, like many, job loss, money is tight, tempers are quick to rise. It may be health issues, problems within the family or a friend that is always whining about something. We wrap ourselves up in our dilemmas that we forget to notice that we have something to be grateful for everyday.

Use Thanksgiving as a reminder to start being Thankful for the "everyday" blessings.

_thanksgiving-food

 Were you able to get out of your bed today?  

 When you turned on the water facet did the cold water come out of the cold facet and hot water out of the hot? Was there water at all?

Was there still air to breath in and exhale out, today? I hope yours was free from pollutants, smoke or fire.

Did someone smile at you, or if you were the one to give a free smile did you receive one back?

These are just a few blessings that are free to receive by many, but are not even thought upon as a gift anymore.

Here are a few that I am especially Thankful for  ...

_sons

My handsome sons and beautiful daughter-in-laws. The last time we were all together was over 3 years ago. We all live in different states. But they are happy and healthy, for this I am thankful.

_sam-collin

My two grandsons. Getting them to sit next to each other for more than 10 seconds and still just enough to snap a picture was something to be thankful for, last December! I know they have grown and changed so much since then, and even with a few health problems and surgeries especially for the oldest, I am thankful they are both here and doing the things little boys do. They keep my oldest son and daughter-in-law jumping and on their toes, like family does.



I am Thankful for another year with my loving husband. He has bounded back wonderfully from his knee replacement surgery last March and is feeling better than ever.

_home

 After all the storms we had since the beginning of the year with snow, rain, wind or ice I am Thankful that we still have a roof over our heads to protect us from the continuing storms. We may of lost a lot of trees and other minor property but not any bodily limbs nor life. 


I am Thankful I still have running water and electricity and internet! And because of that internet I am Thankful I have met all of you who come to read my words or see my photos or sometimes find a smile. I am also Thankful for all of you who have entertained me back with the same, I feel a kinship ~ as like family or as friends!


_thankful

So my final thoughts for you, be on the lookout for the bits of pleasure in each hour, and appreciate the people who bring love and light to everyone and those who are blessed to know them. 
Be Thankful, as I am for you.

 Mr.Linky below ~


Until next time ...








33 comments:

  1. Have a wonderful Thanksgiving! What a handsome family you have.

    ReplyDelete
  2. among the chaos of days rushing by, we should stop and be thankful for the little precious things in life.

    like your post. :) happy WW & happier thanksgiving!

    ~ash's mum

    ReplyDelete
  3. have a memorable Thanksgiving!!!

    ReplyDelete
  4. have a wonderful Thanksgiving!

    ReplyDelete
  5. I woke up this morning annd began reminding myself of things to be thankful for. It felt like Thanksgiving is an especially appropriate pick me up as the weather begins to turn dreary.

    ReplyDelete
  6. What a beautiful family you have, GMT!! Love the pics.

    Have a wonderful TG!

    ReplyDelete
  7. What a beautiful post - so much to be thankful for. Loved seeing a picture of you with you sweetheart. :)

    ReplyDelete
  8. Have a great thanksgiving. Lovely family pics.

    ReplyDelete
  9. Beautiful. What great reminders. Happy Thanksgiving to you and yours!

    ReplyDelete
  10. Have a Great Thanksgiving Faythe. Your grandsons are too cute love the curly hair.

    ReplyDelete
  11. Happy Thanksgiving. now I'm confused; I thought this was a celebration of Europeans landing in the US????

    ReplyDelete
  12. What a great set of photos

    Have a lovely thanksgiving :-)

    ReplyDelete
  13. Those are all great things to be thankful for. I hope you have a wonderful Thanksgiving.

    ReplyDelete
  14. Lovely family. Wish you an unforgetable thanksgiving to all of you.
    Besos from Spain ;O)

    ReplyDelete
  15. I no longer celebrate the holiday...I just try to get through it. Every year for the last five years, it was spent with my father in ICU over two hours away from us. Last year, my sister and I left our families and spent it with him. We watched him sleep all day long. By the end of the weekend he had made the decision for hospice care. I lost a baby on Thanksgiving...

    It's not the holly jolly family filled holiday for me...I grin and bear it. I have the rest of the year to be Thankful for my family.

    We'll eat some turkey, just the four of us, with no big family gatherings and put the decorations up at some point during the weekend but the typical festivities don't mean much.

    Sorry to put the big BaHumBug on WW, I'm gearing myself up for extra doses of positive mantras so I can put a smile on for my children.

    ReplyDelete
  16. Nice post, and a little dose of reality. We really should treasure each breath that we take!

    ReplyDelete
  17. Sometimes we can focus on the problems & forget how much we have to be thankful for. Thanks for the reminder Faythe

    ReplyDelete
  18. Happy and Safe Thanksgiving.
    A very nice reminder. Maybe after every complaint I make I should add a "BUT" statement.
    My back is aching BUT I have a comfy chair.
    The weather is cold BUT I have a warm house.
    There is nothing I want to eat in the house BUT there is good healthy food.

    Thank you for adding something special to this last year for me.

    ReplyDelete
  19. Great post, have a happy Thanksgiving weekend!

    ReplyDelete
  20. you've such a wonderful family. Happy Thanksgiving.

    ReplyDelete
  21. What a sweet post, Faythe. Thank you for the reminders of what is truly important.

    ReplyDelete
  22. Happy Thanksgiving to you!

    ReplyDelete
  23. Beautiful pictures. Have a great Thanksgiving.

    ReplyDelete
  24. Such a sweet post! Have a Happy Thanksgiving Faythe!

    ReplyDelete
  25. What a beautiful post Faythe. What a great way to look at life. There is always something to be thankful for. We are so blessed!

    ReplyDelete
  26. Happy Thanksgiving Faythe! I'm thankful to have you for a friend!

    ReplyDelete
  27. Came over to wish you a very Happy Thanksgiving to you, and yours. May all your problems be small ones, and all your Joy be large! Wonderful family you got their Girlfriend, and I'm so happy to hear your hubby is doing well!

    ReplyDelete
  28. You have a ton to be thankful for...beautiful post!

    Happy Thanksgiving!

    ReplyDelete
  29. have a wonderfuul Thanksgiving!

    ReplyDelete
  30. HAPPY TURKEY DAY! And thanks for stopping by! No, that dinner wasn't salty at all. It'll be as salty as you make it. Did you know that Morton Salt came out with a salt 1/3 less sodium. I use it all the time, and can't taste the difference. Have a great dinner today and save me some of dat punkin pie would ja?

    ReplyDelete
  31. Very nice post.have a wonderfuul Thanksgiving!

    ReplyDelete
  32. That was absolutely lovely! I'm so glad to read the beautiful, important things you're thankful for. It's been a hard Thanksgiving for us, but I still have so much to be grateful for.

    ReplyDelete
  33. I am thankful for wonderful people that I have met through blogging. Wonderful people... like you!

    Hope you had a great Thanksgiving. :)

    ReplyDelete

Thank you for stopping and reading today.
Comments are always welcome :)