Tuesday, November 30, 2010

What a difference a few degrees make






BBBrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrr

It is hard to believe that even though our temperatures have fallen and the trees have shed there pretty foliage for the year, that a few degrees lower and Yikes!

I never get used to the cold, I will admit it. But it was teasing me with temperatures that stayed about freezing. Back and forth the days would go, playing with me as a cat with its prey. Oh a windy day would still bring a chill, but if the sun peeked out I sort of acclimatized, every so slowly of course, to the changes.

Just a few short weeks ago ( it seems) it was still pretty much rain and mess. Then came those strong winds that shook the mid-west and few other areas and stripped even the last of any straggly leaf piles that tried to stay. 




Poof!! All the leaves were gone. With the help of the wind hubby had the yard the neatest it has been in years! But he has been working at clean up all summer, especially since his knee felt good enough to use a chain saw (power tools!)! He took care of lots of fallen (newly and older) trees and their branches, so when the leaves started falling he would almost gleefully chase them into his burning pit with his new power leaf blower he had to get as a reward for re-habbing that knee so well  ☺ ! I am sure all you who are in charge of yard work would feel that is a just reward, wouldn't you?? 
(snickers ☺)
So the temperatures keep falling, but the sun is hiding more each week as the dreary winter days are creeping its icy fingers closer. I know many of my readers have already had snow (yuck, I hate even saying that word, it is a 4 letter word you know!) So what have I spied in the air today and twice before...




Yup! Nasty white flurries! Sure, go ahead and chuckle... I know there is lots more where that came from and is just waiting to attack me one day by surprise... sigh.... I am not a winter girl, did I mention that before??? I can hope for it to hold off and be a mild winter, can't I? A girl can dream of days of degrees above freezing during winter in Wisconsin, can't I?

I hope you enjoyed my tale of woe and photos to help me shed my tale ☺.
Mr. Linky will be below for you to leave your links so I can come and see what you have been up too. 



Until next time

Keep warm thoughts!





31 comments:

  1. It's snowed about 16 inches here. It's insane. I'd love to trade you for your flurries.

    I hate the cold.

    ReplyDelete
  2. 16 inches. Ugh. I haven't had anything yet. I'm in MA so you know its coming!

    ReplyDelete
  3. Oh I know it will be here soon enough! last year this week we got hit with a huge wet one! I do not like snow! LOL!
    ~hugs, Faythe ~GMT

    ReplyDelete
  4. Snow is awful...that's why we live in Las Vegas and not Chicago anymore.

    ReplyDelete
  5. I am not looking forward to snow! Of course maybe if it does snow I will feel more like Christmas!

    ReplyDelete
  6. We have had a record breaking cold snap. Turns out there has been one casualty of the fire, a Siamese fighting fish, We aren't sure if it was the fumes from the smoke or the drop in temperature which did the poor thing in.
    I always think i like the cold until I'm in it. As least snow is beautiful, but I suppose it depends on the amount and duration.
    Well have a happy Wintery Wednesday!

    ReplyDelete
  7. I am not into snow either which is why I live in Vancouver. Every year I hope I don't have to live through more than a couple days of snow.

    ReplyDelete
  8. You should come live in tropical Malaysia!

    ReplyDelete
  9. I just woke up 45 minutes ago and saw...SNOW! I'm excited, of course we barely have an inch. Now I'm watching the news and tons of car accidents on the highway. You'd think Michigan drivers would remember that snow and speed don't mix. Argh!

    My wish for today is safe travels...and more snow. Yes, I love snow! Alpacas are funny in the snow too.

    ReplyDelete
  10. It's even cold HERE in Coastal Texas this morning!!!!

    Lovely photos you've shared.


    My Watery Wednesday Photo Hope you find time to visit with me.

    ReplyDelete
  11. hong kong is still above 19 C - jealous much? :p

    ~ash's mum

    ReplyDelete
  12. We live in S. Florida, and I think snow would be fun! It's a "cold snap" here if the highs get below 80. It sounds nice, but we miss the change of seasons.

    ReplyDelete
  13. I have been hoping for snow all week and finally it arrived yesterday and today it is all gone! And it is kinda cold here in London, the Russians have sent over some cold winds from Siberia...

    ReplyDelete
  14. We don't have snow just yet, but it's freezing with the wind blowing so strong..

    ReplyDelete
  15. Thank goodness we have no snow. We do not get very much here. It is cold and sunny. I loved seeing all your reds today.

    ReplyDelete
  16. Time to hunker down and snuggle up! My WW today is a more positive look at the Christmas season.

    ReplyDelete
  17. YIKES! You may hate me after you see my Wordless Wednesday photo. We are at the complete opposite end of the spectrum from you. Wanna trade?

    ReplyDelete
  18. We normally have more snow at this time but it has been milder than usual here in Southern Ontario. Last couple of days have seen rain. Supposed to see the snow tonight though!

    ReplyDelete
  19. I hate the cold too. I love being Canadian, but I wish it was a tropical country, lol.

    ReplyDelete
  20. It's still pretty nice weather here, although it's been said that we will have a record winter. So far it's been VERY mild, so I don't know if it'll get much colder later on.

    ReplyDelete
  21. While playing sick (not playing!) I watched a lot of movies. Those depicting Christmas in California did not look right to me without snow so I guess there is a reason for the white stuff. (Oh, yah, that environmental need too.) Last night it was freezing rain, so the softer flakes this am were better, right?

    ReplyDelete
  22. Lovely photos!

    I'm in So. Cal. and I would undoubtedly just pass away in cold weather. We are a frail bunch. ;) Sending you some "virtual" hot chocolate. Hoping you can cuddle up with your dear ones and get warm and cozy.

    Happy Rednesday,
    Sally

    ReplyDelete
  23. We had a really beautiful Fall here, and now we're paying for it, because it's snowing right now and has been all day! It's a very light snow though, and it's windy so it's not sticking to the ground. You're right, there's definitely more around the corner!
    Happy REDnesday!
    Carol

    ReplyDelete
  24. Yes. like you I can't get used to the cold. And now I'm freezing and it's 56 outside. last night was 33. This morning everything was frozen! my car doors..windows, everything.

    Whatever shall I do for months until June. Sigh, but it is as it should be. Change in seasons are necessary.

    Stay warm.

    ReplyDelete
  25. I can certainly relate! My post is very similar and I'm with you. I'd like to migrate for the winter. Hang in there.

    ReplyDelete
  26. I know, it's been getting super cold here too. My son has a bad cold, keeping him up at night.

    I just noticed your "ourfavoriteblogs" button for the first time, so I voted for you!

    ReplyDelete
  27. I hate the cold too - I'm freezing right now! It's been so chilly in NW PA and it's only the beginning! We have an inch or two on the soggy cold ground so far! Stay warm Fayth :)

    ReplyDelete
  28. No snow here in Denver - 55 degrees today!
    Have fun in Minnesota, give it my love!

    ReplyDelete
  29. We had some snow yesterday, and it's still cold outside, but nothing sticking yet. I hope it waits until our Christmas decorations get up. Going to try for this weekend. Thanks for stopping by, and your kind thoughts. I'm going for my test in February 2nd. ICK, but gotta be done. hugs.

    ReplyDelete
  30. Phew it was so hot & humid here in Tasmania today. I prefer cooler weather myself

    ReplyDelete

Thank you for stopping and reading today.
Comments are always welcome :)