Sunday, January 16, 2011

Packers Win! Can you taste it?


Sliced and diced. Who would of thought that Aaron Rodgers was going to have one the games of his life, leading the Green Bay Packers to their second straight postseason road victory with a 48-21 blown away win over the Atlanta Falcons on Saturday night?

_aaron-rodgers photo
photo credit Packers Forum

In a game that started out to look like an expected trouncing by the Falcons, especially after scoring the first touchdown of the game with a turnover. A game that went sideways and the Green and Gold showed up to play using winning teamwork.

Slicing up the NFC's top-seeded Falcons, Rodgers threw three touchdown passes, and ran in for another! Ending the game with 366 passing yards.


Aaron Rodgers is creating his own legacy in Titletown USA. Green Bay went on to score 35 consecutive points, including Tramon Williams' 70-yard interception return on the final play of the first half that left the Falcons (13-4)and the home crowd slack jawed.

_tramon-williams photo 
   photo credit C.Wilson Press Gazette

My Green Bay Packers (12-6) will have to win one more on the road to finish their questionable run from sixth seed to the Super Bowl. So next it’s on to Chicago or Seattle for the NFC Championship next Sunday, January 23 and a chance for the Packers to return to the Super Bowl for the first time since January 1998. It is so close I can almost taste the title. 


_green bay packers-wedding-cake

  It would be trilling to see the Pack playing again for the Lombardi trophy. Since the Vikings and Brett Favre (still my favorite QB) are no where in sight, the Green and Gold is all that I need to savor a Super Bowl Title this year! 

Come on, can you taste it?

 Until next time ....
    Faythe
Your "not so" sports reporter...

Photo credits from various internet sources. 
If you are the owner and would like it removed, please let me know.

7 comments:

  1. Wow! What a cake. I'm not really a huge football fan, which is kinda against the law here in AL, but I try to stay current lol :)

    Great post :)

    ReplyDelete
  2. As a Da Bears fan, I'll admit to being a wee bit nervous...The Pack played fantastically!

    ReplyDelete
  3. I'm really not into sports. We're more of a musical household here. Man, look how high that guy can jump. Dang! Just thought I'd stop by, and say hey. So... HEY!

    ReplyDelete
  4. TerryL2:12 PM

    WOW!!! Go Packers Go! are they playing terrific or what, Aaron Rogers is my Hero!!!!

    ReplyDelete
  5. As much as my heart has a soft spot for the Green and Gold .... I really think this post was mistaken and you mean BLACK and Gold for the Steelers LOL JK!

    ReplyDelete
  6. I knew if I wanted the inside scoop you'd have all the *oop

    While not actively interested you know I can not get away from it, living here (or anywhere?)

    I just heard tickets for the next big game begin at almost $700.

    Top priced seats are in the $2000 range.

    ReplyDelete
  7. I'm not much of a football fan, but I wish your team the best of luck! That cake is amazing!

    ReplyDelete

Thank you for stopping and reading today.
Comments are always welcome :)