Wednesday, September 07, 2011

Do you remember ???





Where you where and what you were doing
  10 years ago this coming Sunday?

image from free web source

It has already been 10 years 
  since America was shaken to its core. 

The first attacks ever on American soil, hit by air and destroyed the Twin towers at the World trade center, another smashed brutally into the Pentagon and the last that day was bravely over taken by passengers and slammed into a Pennsylvania field. Where its destination really was I do not know, but the heroic actions of those passengers stopped another attack and more murders of innocent people on that sunny fateful morning. September 11, 2001.

I did not forget. I still mourn the fallen and all the brave heroes that put themselves into harms way to try to save others. I mourn for the innocent lives lost. I was at home that morning, but I had friends and relatives close by in New York city and working in high rise buildings in other big cities that could of been potential targets. Images still fresh, to horrible to forget.

With this being the tenth anniversary of this awful day, I felt compelled to dedicate something to all involved, including all that are still grieving and those that still are fighting for are freedoms.
Something I do not take lightly.

Healing through Remembrance

image is clickable to enlarge,
please ask to copy, image and words belong to author

I remind you to hang and fly your flag this week, if you do not do it always. Be proud and filled with honor. 
America is still standing. 
Rebuilding, assisting others (as is our way) and fighting for freedom for others as well as to keep our own.

What memories do you have from this world shaking event, that not only struck America, but the safety and trust of others world wide?


  Until next time,
   stay safe and Never Forget.



9 comments:

  1. I was home that day... and woke up with that on TV. :-( such a sad thing...

    ~ Jo's Precious Thoughts ~

    ReplyDelete
  2. I was getting ready for work and turned on the television to watch the news. I was in shock when I saw what was happening.

    I was the commander of the Honor Farm at the time and began making calls to get all the inmates back to the Honor Farm. I wanted control over all the inmates as I didn't know what else would happen.

    I couldn't believe what was happening. I remember that day like it was yesterday.

    Have a terrific day sweetie. :)

    ReplyDelete
  3. You are so right!!!! I hope this is a meaningful anniversary. It seems we all need to come together a bit more. Great spreading the love and pride!!!!

    ReplyDelete
  4. I wasn't around yet, but boy, my Dad and Mom sure remember.

    ReplyDelete
  5. Let's hope that the anniversary can be remembered without incident.

    ReplyDelete
  6. Hoping that anniversary could be remember and let's pray...

    ReplyDelete
  7. I remember it clearly. I could not believe what I was seeing on the tv screen was real.

    ReplyDelete
  8. I felt the way Dogsmum did. It just seemed impossible that something so tragic could be really happening. The tv footage of the plane hitting the twin towers was beyond words to describe what a shocking scene it was. I can't even begin to imagine what it must've been like for the people on the plane & in the buildings. What a stupid senseless thing for anyone to do regardless of their grievances.

    ReplyDelete
  9. Like millions of others on the West Coast, I was just getting up when several people called to tell me to turn on the TV. I also remember thinking what I was seeing could not possibly be true.

    ReplyDelete

Thank you for stopping and reading today.
Comments are always welcome :)