| GrammyMouseTails

Tuesday, September 13, 2011

22 Inspiring moon rising on 9-11 anniversary



   It could just be me....

or just the excitement of my 3 year old grandson noticing the big full moon on Sunday evening, the tenth anniversary of 9-11.

He was just dressed for bed after his bath and looked out the door and saw the huge moon all a glow and started saying "the moon, the moon!"

We went on a last minute visit to see our oldest son and grandsons over the weekend, so of course I had to snap a bunch of photos. I grabbed my camera and got a picture of Sam sitting on the entry way bench pointing at the moon all proud.

 Sam enjoying the inspiring moon


Then I looked at the moon and it was just rising over Minneapolis and had a beautiful glow, so I took a few pictures for Sam.

all my photos can be enlarged by clicking on them,
please ask to copy

I realized I had not changed the setting on my camera for night-time without flash, so I did after the first shot above. Other than resizing no enhancements were made. 

The air traffic from Minneapolis airport just happened to have the planes flying past our view of the moon.


the smaller spot is an airplane taking off

Sam was sent off to be tucked into bed along with his big brother and we looked out the beautiful moon again. 
  This is what I saw...


to enlarge just click on photos,
please ask to copy




Some may call it a haze in the sky,
my imagination or just my hopeful heart.
I just call it inspiring. Better days ahead.
I hope, a sign of peace for the world to come.

 Did you happen to gaze up into the sky on the
tenth anniversary of 9-11?
  What do you think?



Until next time...

Please leave me a link to your wordless
or wordful Wednesday post,                       

after your comment.



22 comments:

Sandee said...

Sunday was a very difficult day for me. I relived 9-11 again as if I was getting ready to go to work that morning. I don't think I looked at the moon that evening at all.

I hope your sign is the right sign. That would be most welcome.

Have a terrific day. Hugs. :)

blueviolet said...

It kinda looks like a star to me!!!

Sukhmandir Kaur said...

How beautiful, I missed this moon, working too late I guess.
One friend told us she got slightly harassed on 9/11 and she couldn't wait for people to "forget to remember", however our daughter pointed out that my husband had 911 Facebook friends on 9/11/11 :) so maybe there is hope for peace. I'd certainly like to think so. How wonderful it would be to have a moon we all can see look down on a world in harmony

alicia said...

I really like that last line that Sukhmandir wrote, "how wonderful it would be to have a moon we all can see look down on a world in harmony."

Couldn't have said it better myself. I really like the idea of it being a sign of peace.

Thanks for sharing. Happy WW!

Will said...

Our moon has been red the past few days because of the fires burning in Eastern Oregon. Erie but beautiful.

Indrani said...

Looks like a good sign to me.

Xmas Dolly said...

Glad for all your explanations. I would be thinking by now we are having an invasion or a phenomenon of some sort! Sheesh Girlfriend, sure know how to startle a person here! hahaha just kiddin' ALIENS OMG! HAAHAHAHA

Lauren @ Hobo Mama said...

Oh, that's beautiful. I love your thoughts on it as well.

eileeninmd said...

Lovely photos of the full moon, I was looking at the sky that day too. I know 9/11 will be a day I will never forget. It would be nice to see peace around the world. Happy WW!

Chavonne said...

Thanks for the WW linky, I'm also a new follower of your blog :)

Carol@simple_catholic said...

That is inspiring. The moon is so beautiful!

Susan Adcox said...

Lovely post. I didn't notice the moon on Sept. 11. That was also Grandparents Day, and I was too tired after being with the grandkids to moon gaze. But I love your pics.

Cats of Wildcat Woods said...

I went to walk a labyrinth to honor 9/11 and to celebrate my mom's birthday 9/11/17. This is the Harvest Moon - it was lovely in our sky that night.

Table4Five said...

That's beautiful! I didn't notice the moon that night, but I agree - yours looks like a shining star!

Happy WW, hope you'll stop by and link up!

Brian said...

Peace would be purrfect, with any moon or star!

Art of RetroCollage said...

Beautiful moon pictures. An appropriately solemn way to commemorate the tenth anniversary of 9/11, when our lives & our country changed forever.

alissa4illustration said...

That is very pretty. I don't think I looked up at the sky. Kind of wish I would have!

By the way, I love the name Sam!

That Bald Chick said...

We, too, noticed the moon was particularly beautiful that evening!

Jacqueline at Deeprootsathome.com said...

Dear Faythe,
Oh, I LOVE the heart in what you've shared!! I feel we are kindred spirits from just the few interchanges we've had! I bet you are the BEST grandma!! I will ponder the 'star'! The Lord is in control, that I know!

Tony McGurk said...

Great moon photos. Ever wonder why the moon doesn't have a name? The moons of other planets have names but not ours. I should run a Moon Naming contest. I don't know who would be the appropriate body of authority to hand the winning name suggestion to though.
The Captcha for this comment is SCASM. Must be a short way to say Sarcasm...

Au and Target said...

Those pics turned out nicely. I've been watching the cats, and the outside birds and insects to see if they behave differently during a full moon. They don't but then we live in the suburbs. I should try this in the jungle maybe. If I do get out there soon, will send you my moon pics!

Tricia Night owl mama said...

so hard to ponder the events for that day. I hope your right and there are brighter things on our horizon for our great nation