Tuesday, May 29, 2012

Missing my grandson


This Wednesday, May 30 will be bittersweet for me.
It will mark the birthday of our middle grandson, Sam.
He will be 4!! Happy Birthday!
Time sure flies!
It seems like it was just a second ago we were up in Minnesota to help Sam celebrate his third birthday with friends and family.
A whole year has passed! (eventful, good and some difficult)

We sure wish we could be up there to celebrate this special occasion with him. But, it is just not going to happen. I was given the okay to ride that far (at least a days drive for us) as long as we stop every hour or two to get out, stretch and move around. With some rest the following day, of course.
 We are hoping to get up there soon, to see both Sam and his big brother Collin who we miss just as much.

Here are a few memories from last years celebration to enjoy.
You may click on any photo to make it bigger.
   (All rights belong to me, @GMT,
          do not 'borrow' without permission)

3 year old Sam checking out one of the construction 
trucks that were on his birthday cake
Hey! Is there something on here?

I will test taste it to find out...
Chomp! on digger truck
Yum, it is frosting!!

always moving, playing or climbing
bubbles are fun for boys, and a clean messy

exploring a tunnel, with a snack of course!

Wishing you a Happy and fun 4th Birthday, Sam!!




Have you ever felt sad because you had to miss a family gathering?

        Until next time....



30 comments:

  1. Such a sweet little guy! That's too bad you can't go there.

    You'll have to have them send you A LOT of photos!

    ReplyDelete
  2. ♪♪Happy Birthday to you,♪♪
    ♪♪Happy Birthday to you,♪♪
    ♪♪Happy Birthday Dear Sam,♪♪
    ♪♪Happy Birthday to you.♪♪

    I hope you can visit very soon and smooch on that cute face.

    Have a terrific day. :)

    ReplyDelete
  3. Nice photo frames, that's awesome.

    ReplyDelete
  4. Aww! Happy Birthday Sam :-)

    ReplyDelete
  5. Congratulations on his birthday - what a beautiful child!!! And he's lucky, he'll get to celebrate his birthday twice - once on the original date and once when you see him next!

    ReplyDelete
  6. He's handsome! Happy Birthday Sam!

    ReplyDelete
  7. Happy Birthday to Sam!

    ReplyDelete
  8. Aww Sam is so cute! Happy Birthday to him!
    And enjoy your trip! :)

    ReplyDelete
  9. He is a cutie! Happy Birthday, Little Man!

    ReplyDelete
  10. happy birthday to your grandson!

    ReplyDelete
  11. We all send Sam the best Happy Birthday wishes and I can sure understand why you miss that handsome guy!

    ReplyDelete
  12. your grandson is adorable. Happy birthday to Sam. best wishes.

    ReplyDelete
  13. Happy birthday to Sam! I hope you get to visit soon! Hugs!

    ReplyDelete
  14. Happy Birthday to the little one. Hope you are able to visit and have a pleasant journey.

    ReplyDelete
  15. Well I hope you get to see him soon!

    ReplyDelete
  16. What a cutie! My parents are always telling me how they miss seeing their granddaughter.

    ReplyDelete
  17. That would be hard! Sorry you're that far away. I'm in Central MN. Hope you can get up here soon to see the family.

    ReplyDelete
  18. I hope you get to see him soon!

    ReplyDelete
  19. Thank you for sharing the pictures of your lovely grandson! I'm so sorry you couldn't be there for his birthday. I bet he know how much you love him!!

    ReplyDelete
  20. Happy Happy birthday Sam!

    What an adorable boy!!

    Sorry you can't go to the party but am hoping you can see him soon!

    ReplyDelete
  21. What an adorable little boy! Yes, I had to choose between attending my granddaughter's first birthday party or taking my dad to his WWII Air Force reunion. I went with dad to his reunion because he wouldn't be going too many more times, but it was a tough choice!

    ReplyDelete
  22. Happy Birthday to him.

    ReplyDelete
  23. Too cute! Happy Birthday!

    Mine's here.

    ReplyDelete
  24. He's adorable Faythe, must just tear your heart out not to be there on his birthday! I love his curls my second granddaughter is a year old and showing promise of a head full of curls just like his :) Hope you feel better soon so you can be with your family.

    ReplyDelete
  25. What a cutie pie! I know what you mean. I have a grandson in Missouri & his birthday was the day after Dave's May 24th, but they will be up here to see me for my birthday next month so I have something to look forward too. So cool.. Hope you're doing well my friend.

    ReplyDelete
  26. If you do decide to make that long drive, stopping as prescribed, just be sure to make it a long, long, visit!

    ReplyDelete
  27. Terrylynn10:30 PM

    Hi sis,
    I sure am feeling your pain, please know that Sammy loves you so very much!! and so do I :)

    ReplyDelete
  28. So cute and handsome:)

    Visiting for WW- hope you can stop by:)

    http://www.cassandrasminicorner.com/2012/05/priceless-my-princess.html

    ReplyDelete
  29. I don't like long drive, so tiring and exhausting. You can go by plane:)

    Visiting for WW- hope you can stop by:)

    http://www.loveablecassandra.com/2012/05/peony-flowers.html

    ReplyDelete
  30. Great photos Faythe, he's so cute. Like you said they sure grow up fast. I still can't believe my eldest son is nearly 30. Makes me feel old

    ReplyDelete

Thank you for stopping and reading today.
Comments are always welcome :)