Wednesday, March 20, 2013

the calendar says it is Spring!



My calendar says March 20, 2013 is the first day of spring!
According to Wikipedia : At the spring equinox, days are close to 12 hours long with day length increasing as the season progresses. Spring and "springtime" refer to the season, and also to ideas of rebirth, rejuvenation, renewal, resurrection, and regrowth.

Sounds wonderful to me.

yippee!!

But outside of my window all I see is this ...

icy fingers climbing down my spine..
bbbrrrr!!!

No, that is not a black and white photo, go ahead and click on it to enlarge it. It is just another dreary ICE COLD day in Wisconsin. Not at all like spring.
   sighhhhhhhh



Come on spring, hurry up and make an appearance already!!

So how is your spring starting out?




   until next time...


10 comments:

  1. Wow you got spammed but good. The perfect reason I got rid of anonymous comments. I had 50+ a day.

    It rained here last night and today and it's cold. It's not snowing though and the sun will be back tomorrow. I wish I could send you some sunshine and some warmth.

    Have a terrific day. Big hugs. ☺

    ReplyDelete
  2. It's cold here, below freezing, and slightly above in the daytime. Spring better hurry up and get here!

    ReplyDelete
  3. I think we still have some waiting to do!

    ReplyDelete
  4. Terry7:31 AM

    Burrrrr!!
    The electric bill keeps going up and up and up! Ouch!!
    Warm Huggies!!

    ReplyDelete
  5. Brrrrrrrrrrrrrr humbug!

    ReplyDelete
  6. IT'S THE GROUNDHOG'S FAULT! DEATH TO GROUNDHOGS! Seriously, where on earth is spring?

    ReplyDelete
  7. Oooops totally missed the equinox. Thanks for the reminder that it is now spring. I'd have never guess with the weather we're having.

    ReplyDelete
  8. spring teased us we have snow flurries today. Thank you for sharing your lovely blog at the Thursday Favorite Things blog hop xo

    ReplyDelete
  9. Love the first pic!!! LOL!!!

    Looks like Winter isn't leaving!

    Meanwhile in Malaysia, I think I'm going to get a heat stroke from all that warmth we are getting!

    Temps here are in the hundreds!
    Wanna trade places!?

    ReplyDelete
  10. My spring started out snowy, too, but the sun melted it all away today!

    ♥ aquariann
    Featured Photo: Purple Cabbage Flower in Snow

    ReplyDelete

Comments are like tasty Chocolate
♥ always welcome ♥
Please keep SPAM free. Thanks