Tuesday, May 07, 2013

From Buds to Blooms - Tulips



  We have been enjoying some more
       beautiful spring weather.
(Please don't hate me if your part of the world is still crummy,
it feels wonderful, so gotta brag!)

Last week I shared the growth of Daffodils. We did have a few colder and rainy days so most of those yellow sunny faced darlings are already kaput.
So today I thought I would show you the same process with a small select group of tulips. These babies did not have a blast of power and do it all in a week (like last weeks daffodils), but like normal they took their time emerging forth in tulip time.

Let us start shall we...
All my photos should enlarge by clicking on them-
(I may not be the best photographer but, please ask permission if you would like to borrow)


showing tulips resilience of the forces of nature and laziness of this so called gardener,
 tulip leaves emerging from winters slumber right on through last years mess of debris.


a single tulip bud peeking through the clump of leaves


this tight lipped tulip already starting to grow into its long neck


growing larger these tulip buds are showing their first blush of color,
I wonder what can it be??


parting ever so slightly, red lips!


some still tight lipped to ever so parted, peeking...
definitely looks red!

Tulips do have a habit of getting buds and slowly growing, then getting fat and showing color to only shrink up tight again if the colder weather sneaks in over night and stays for awhile. Tulips have been even known to bloom when they think it is time with snow on the ground.


and with the sunny warm days this tulip reveals it huge red smile!
why, my dear, you have a black eye!


I spy a few more patches of tulips around the yard that have joined in the spring awakening. Of course like many years, I have found a few that got moved and replanted some place else. (Squirrels up to their tricks, I bet)

Seeing spring flowers showing their colors sure gets me excited for the coming weather. Does it excite you too?


Until next time...
linking up with
Wordless Wednesday Bloggers,
Create with Joy,
 Xmas Dolly,
along with the regular WW link posted below the Mr. Linky widget. (even though I am Wordless/Wordful, hahaaha!)
Please comment, visit and share your posts!




18 comments:

  1. All lovely indeed. We have blooms here too and it rained today as well. We need it though.

    Have a terrific day and enjoy spring. Big hugs. ☺

    ReplyDelete
  2. I love all tulips, daffodils and bulbs, these are fantastic photos of the blooming process!

    ReplyDelete
  3. Gorgeous photos. Happy WW, have a great day.

    ReplyDelete
  4. I love the process photos!

    ReplyDelete
  5. Great photo sequence!

    ReplyDelete
  6. Thanks for coming over, and lovin' these bloomin' beauties! Thanks for sharing and you bet your sweet .... I'll watch my mail! WOO HOO!!! hugs!!!

    ReplyDelete
  7. You're tulips were so beautiful..;)

    Happy Wordless Wednesday! My entry is here.

    ReplyDelete
  8. That's one flower I would love to grow around me home, but the rabbits love them, too, and will go out of their way to eat them as soon as they sprout.

    ReplyDelete
  9. They are beautiful captures I love the second from last one

    Have a bloomintastic week :-)

    ReplyDelete
  10. so pretty. Spring is such a lovely time. New life and sunny skys. Love them both.

    ReplyDelete
  11. I adore tulips. Beautiful!

    ReplyDelete
  12. absolutely love the photo progression. Tulips are sooooooo gorgeous!!!

    ReplyDelete
  13. It sure is so nice to see the beauty blooming once again!

    ReplyDelete
  14. Tulips are one of my favorite spring flowers. I have some planted in our yard, but they only produced flowers one spring and since then only foliage comes up. I think this horrible clay soil is the culprit. I need to make some nice flower beds, but here right now, I don't think so. For I don't want to invest too much time in doing that because I have hopes of finding my dream home where I will have the perfect landscape. lol Thanks for sharing such a beautiful process of a tulip breaking through the ground to meet the sun. Have a happy WW!

    ReplyDelete
  15. Your Buds to Blooms series is wonderful - can I look forward to more? I've been watching my lilies for days and should have taken progress pictures.

    ♥ aquariann
    Featured Photo: Triumph Tulips

    ReplyDelete
  16. Tulips are a fav!! Thanks for hosting!

    ReplyDelete
  17. Tulips are my absolute favorite flower. Those progression pictures are so cool! Thank you for sharing.

    ReplyDelete
  18. BEAUTIFUL.

    http://joycelansky.blogspot.com

    ReplyDelete

Thank you for stopping and reading today.
Comments are always welcome :)