Tuesday, May 28, 2013

Fun time with fishes!




  My youngest grandson, Ethan, that lives in California is one lucky boy.
His momma started as a client with Stroller Strides, the workout for Moms with babies, and has more than met her personal goal and is now a certified instructor!

How does that make Ethan lucky? He gets to go with mom on every Stroller Stride day. They work out together at several interesting places in and around the San Diego/Coronado area. So there is always new friends to meet and old ones to play with. It has worked out as a great exercise (silly pun) in action, learning and social skills.

One of the places they frequent is the local zoos and many places around Balboa park too.
They also have a family membership to the zoo, so they can visit any of the area zoos as many times a year they like! What a great deal.

Last year their good friends and neighbors gave them a family membership to the Birch Aquarium at Scripps, and it has become a big hit with Ethan. He just loves to visit the fishes!

This week I thought I would share a few photos from a few of their visits.

I'm going to catch you fishes..


Ethan and Mom during another visit


bye, bye Mr. Sea turtle.
See you next time.

I am so glad I have learned enough to find my way to certain parts of the internet, especially email and facebook. We have been able to watch our grandsons grow and see what they are up too, since visits are far and few between. We have only had one visit with Ethan, last September (when the top picture was taken) just in time to celebrate his first birthday. He has changed so much since then. 
Seeing and reading about family activities on the internet is great for long distance Grandparents, but real live hugs and kisses would be nicer.

Have you ever been to an aquarium?


 Until next time...
Please link up to your post you wish to share and I would love for you to leave a comment ♥ !
(sorry I have captcha word verification temporarily turned on, been swamped with spam comments, ggrrr)


27 comments:

  1. I'm so glad you can watch him grow through all the social media out there. It's awesome and he's a cutie pie.

    Yes we've been to a few aquariums and they are very fun. Even for us older folks.

    Have a terrific day Faythe. Big hugs from sunny California. ☺

    ReplyDelete
  2. I love local zoos - even though my son is now an adult, we keep our family membership active.

    Happy WW!
    ~EdT.

    ReplyDelete
  3. Gorgeous photos. Happy WW, thanks so much for hosting.

    ReplyDelete
  4. Ooh, I'd love to have an aquarium close enough to merit a membership. Ethan is quite the lucky cutie. ^.^

    ♥ aquariann
    Featured Photo: Pink Hibiscus Flower

    ReplyDelete
  5. aww how fun! I wish they started Stroller Strides in SG.. would have been very helpful when I was trying to lose the baby fat!

    Ai @ Sakura Haruka
    Join in: Wordless Wednesday Linky Party

    ReplyDelete
  6. What a great membership.

    http://joycelansky.blogspot.com/2013/05/wordless-wednesday-meet-mowgli.html

    ReplyDelete
  7. It's great you can keep up with your family through Facebook and email. Things are so much different than in the past!

    ReplyDelete
  8. Thanks for hosting, Come join me and link up your blog
    Wordless Wednesday Reflecting Our Weekend #12

    ReplyDelete
  9. Isn't technology wonderful! I hope you can do Skype with them also so you can actually see & him them! He's gorgeous & so is his Mommy. I feel it in your words etc That your one proud Gramma & you have every right to be. Hugs & thanks for sharing.

    ReplyDelete
  10. You're right, looks like he is a lucky boy. I'm sure it is hard not to see him all the time, but it's good that you get to see pictures.

    ReplyDelete
  11. Ethan is so cute! Yep, he's one lucky boy!

    Happy WW, Faythe!

    ReplyDelete
  12. WE went to the aquarium last month and the kids love it too.
    Great pics this week.

    ReplyDelete
  13. What lovely photos and isn't the internet great wherever you are you can still keep up ;-)

    Have a fantabulosa week :-)

    ReplyDelete
  14. love the aquarium but haven't been in a super long time!

    ReplyDelete
  15. Look at them! How cute!

    When we went to the aquarium in Chicago last summer I got some great shots of jelly fish.

    ReplyDelete
  16. Facebook is great for keeping up with grandchildren as is skype. I believe I went to the aquarium in San Diego as a kid, it has a name i can't recall since its been about 50 years :) We go to the Monterey Bay Aquarium now and then, last time about a year ago with grandkids kids and my niece.

    ReplyDelete
  17. Ethan sure is a cutie and he sure is having fun!

    ReplyDelete
  18. That's a huge turtle!

    ReplyDelete
  19. What a great post. We've been to an aquarium in Chicago, it was nice.

    ReplyDelete
  20. Boy, I'd love to visit Balboa Park once more....He IS lucky!

    ReplyDelete
  21. I love the San Diego Zoo and the National Zoo in D.C. which is only a few hours from us. And I adore aquariums…maybe because I am a Pisces. Your grandson is adorable. So sad that you can't see him in person more often. Janet

    ReplyDelete
  22. That is wonderful, you can see him and enjoy!

    ReplyDelete
  23. Handsome young fella there. And just like your our first grandsons name is Ethan and he live far away in Arizona. Too far away unfortunately...

    ReplyDelete
  24. What a perfect way to exercise! It's a win-win for everybody.

    Pat
    Critter Alley

    ReplyDelete
  25. what fun! love the sea turtle...

    ReplyDelete
  26. Aww that's awesome!! We didn't have that here when my kids were in strollers. I would have like it.

    ReplyDelete

Thank you for stopping and reading today.
Comments are always welcome :)