Tuesday, June 25, 2013

Peony Tree in evening mist



  I haven't shown my dark pink peony tree this year.
Part of that is it opened fast and then one of the many heavy showers came along and quickly shattered the beautiful blooms. Luckily for me my friend and neighbor walked over one evening and snapped these photos for me to share.

Enjoy, dark pink peony tree in early evening mist...


almost shrouded in a misty fog

closer in the mist


Until a quick breeze swirled through my yard, as it loves to do...

almost a clear view,
look closely and you can see the bud at the top still waiting to open

If you would like to see photos from previous years click on the word peony in the categories/tags right sidebar. This is the peony that the flowers get larger than my hand, almost dinner plate size.
Lots of thunder storms are still hanging around. Keeping all those in my thoughts and prayers who are totally covered in this messy unseasonably long monsoon.




Until next time...
please leave a comment and
link up so others can come visit!

19 comments:

  1. Very nice flowers, and such a nice deep shade.

    ReplyDelete
  2. They are beautiful.

    I hope the weather changes for the better soon.

    Have a terrific day Faythe. Big hugs. ☺

    ReplyDelete
  3. They are pretty!!! I like the color.

    ReplyDelete
  4. They are very pretty, Faythe.

    Happy WW!

    ReplyDelete
  5. So, dumb question, but they don't really grow on trees do they?

    ReplyDelete
  6. They are beatuiful Faithe, you have such a lovely free spirited garden, it seems reflective of your heart :)

    ReplyDelete
  7. Gorgeous Peony Trees, Faythe! I'm going to try planting one, also. I did plant some dahlias. Hoping they will survive since I really don't have a green thumb. Seem dahlias need something to brace them wonder if a trellis would work?

    ReplyDelete
  8. I love peonies. I really should try to find some to plant in my yard

    ReplyDelete
  9. Those are just gorgeous!

    ReplyDelete
  10. What beautiful blooms to glimpse through magical mist!

    ♥ aquariann
    Featured Photo: Full Moon Through Tree

    ReplyDelete
  11. Wonderful flowers, lovely colors in these beautiful photos!

    ReplyDelete
  12. What a stunning colour! We have a couple of yellow peony trees and they do quite well in our heavy clay soil, but the last two winters were so severe they killed off our pale pink peony tree

    ReplyDelete
  13. That is gorgeous! I love pink :)

    ReplyDelete
  14. That's wonderful. Nothing grows in my yard.

    http://joycelansky.blogspot.com

    ReplyDelete

Thank you for stopping and reading today.
Comments are always welcome :)