Tuesday, December 02, 2014

Our first winter white out of the season




  Winter weather has been early this year. Darn cold! Brrrrr
I know in other parts of the U.S. weather has been worse than where I live (different for a change) but it is still colder than normal much earlier this year. As if last years freeze out and record snow falls weren't enough, this year is starting to show signs of worse things to come. I'm not one bit happy about it either. As if you haven't noticed from me by now, cold weather and I do not mix! It has never been a favorite, not even as a kid, who many hope for snow days, I did not want the snow or cold, just the days off, LOL.

Below is some of November 24 winter white out in my area...


a few of our big pines heavy with wet frigid snow


heavy snow - winter white out photo image
 heavy snow looming menacingly over the edge our garage
 as if to snatch it up and crunch it


looking down our driveway from the upper doorway -
we had just gotten home from driving in this white out 
and our tire tracks are already covered


The good news is that we had enough sun and just barely over freezing temperatures to thaw it out and is no where in site. For the moment. As here in Wisconsin weather can turn around in a minute and slap you again.





Has winter reared its ugly
 head by you yet?


Until next time ...

26 comments:

  1. I miss snow-filled Christmas! Would gladly trade with you our tropical weather if I could :P

    Ai @ Sakura Haruka
    Join in: Wordless Wednesday Linky Party

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. And I would be happy to trade with you!! thanks for stopping :)

      Delete
  2. That's beautiful. I wonder if we'll get any.

    http://joycelansky.blogspot.com/2014/12/ww-chairs.html

    ReplyDelete
  3. I don't like the cold much either, but winter scenes always look very picturesque. We don't currently have any snow on the ground, but we did get an earlier than usual snowfall this year, and have had some cold weather as well.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. That white junk can stay away all year, for all care. I bet you wombies get cold in the winter, just like me.

      Delete
  4. Merry White Christmas and Happy WW!

    ReplyDelete
  5. I'm really dreaming of a white Christmas but as we will be in the thick of summer I may need to book a holiday or relocate. Great photos.

    ReplyDelete
  6. It's only snowed in Nebraska once so far - where I live. It looks pretty in your neck of the woods.

    ReplyDelete
  7. Only snowed (a light dusting) twice in my life in Northern California.

    Looks pretty.

    ReplyDelete
  8. I wanna trade our tropical weather only for a month! I don't do well in the cold!

    ReplyDelete
  9. Looks gorgeous - though I wouldn't want to dig myself out of it! Emma

    ReplyDelete
  10. I want snow now. My son is 4 and well aware of things around him. I know he will enjoy this experience =)

    ReplyDelete
  11. Beautiful scenery :-). the cold weather has just hit London although no snow yet

    Have a snowtastic week :-)

    ReplyDelete
  12. Brrrrrrrr! That makes my whiskers shiver!

    ReplyDelete
  13. Gives me a shiver by just looking, but looks beautiful!
    Happy WW!

    ReplyDelete
  14. Very nice set of images. I do love photographing winter scenes, but the older I get, the less I like the temperatures that make winter possible.

    ReplyDelete
  15. Oh what a beautiful site, I love those first snows, they create a winter wonderland!! Thanks for stopping y The Oh My Heartsie Girls Wordless Wednesday this week.
    Karren

    ReplyDelete
  16. I'm not a snow person at all. I don't like cold weather. I hate cold weather. I hope you have a more mild winter than last year.

    Have a fabulous day honey. Big hugs. ♥♥♥

    ReplyDelete
  17. winter is indeed coming to town :)..As much as I'm excited to see the beautiful white nature, but I can't stand the cold either :). Please stay warm, down here at NYC is freezing cold as well..

    ReplyDelete
  18. We are finally warming up to 5 degrees below normal here :)

    ReplyDelete
  19. it is beautiful though!

    ReplyDelete
  20. Well welcome to our winterwonderland! bwahahahaha I"m battling a bad cold and I'm off to bed. Beautiful photo but I feel like I'm looking out my back window! hehehehe

    ReplyDelete
  21. You certainly have a winter wonderland going on there. We've had some snow already but not all that much. It's the ice from freezing rain that has plagued us this week. I'm with you about winter, I didn't like it as a kid either.

    ReplyDelete
  22. • ★ Merry ★* 。 • ˚ ˚ ˛ ˚ ˛ •
    •。★ Christmas 。* 。
    ° 。 ° ˛˚˛ * _Π_____*。*˚
    ˚ ˛ •˛•˚ */______/~\。˚ ˚ ˛
    ˚ ˛ •˛• ˚| 田田 |門| ˚And a Happy New Year
    * Joy to all! ♫•*¨* Peace on Earth ♪♫•*¨*

    ReplyDelete
  23. I love the pictures but I just do not like being cold at all ever.

    ReplyDelete

Thank you for stopping and reading today.
Comments are always welcome :)